Our mission is to promote Humanism understood as a non-religious worldview or lifestance.
Our vision is a world in which every human being is able to realise their potential to live a good and fulfilling life.
Our 5 values are:
- Engaging in dialogue and debate rationally, intelligently, and with attention to evidence
- Recognising the dignity of individuals and treating them with fairness and respect
- Respecting and promoting freedom, democracy, human rights, and the rule of law
- Co-operating with others for the common good, including with those of different beliefs
- Celebrating human achievement, progress, and potential
(Source of values statement: Humanists UK)
Our 5 aims are:
- Promote awareness and understanding of Humanism as a non-religious worldview, for example through our schools visiting programme
- Help build a better world, for example through dialogue with other belief communities and by taking responsibility to live well in accordance with our values
- Promote a secular society so that everyone is treated equally and without giving special recognition or privilege to any religion or worldview
- Promote public understanding of science and good thinking skills
- Be a supportive partner to Humanists UK and other groups whose aims we support